In life we often say to ourselves or to others, “what if…” There are a thousand what if statements that cross our minds every day. Perhaps we don’t say them out loud but the thoughts surely are there. Have you noticed this? Do your what if statements stem from a place of concern, worry or fear of what things might look like?
I want to introduce you to a twist on this what if process. What if the negative expectations you imagine were positive? What if (see what I did there?) we turn the fearful what if into the encouraging positive what if?
What if my dreams come true?
What if I go and do exactly what it is I want?
What if I step into my light and shine bright?
What if I make more money than my husband/wife?
What if I enjoy today as if it were my last?
What if I allow myself to just be me?
When what if statements are negative, we live our life in fear of the future. This does not serve us in any way. We have taken ourselves to a completely different time zone – the future time zone. We don’t live life in the future; we live in the present, right?
Lately I have been thinking that if the what if statements were proposed in a way that they were all based on the positives, then we could harness them in a way that provided us with some momentum or forward motion; then, we might actually benefit from this what if process.
When we shift these mindsets and thoughts that take us to the future but revamp them to be future dreams, curiosities, desires, goals, manifestations, vision boards, then we would actually be coming from a place of abundance, rather than a place of fear and negativity.
Abundance is about living a life that feels fulfilling, joyful, and happy. Abundance is all about your attitude and mindset in how you see yourself and your life. One creates abundance within their own life based on how they perceive it.
Once you are able to turn your what is statements into positive, uplifting, awe-inspiring momentum building statements, you can create abundance.
Here are a few aspects of abundance that are imperative to maintaining that positive what if mentality:
- Gratitude – create a gratitude practice to start your day. Simply focus on the thing or things that you see in the world, your life, yourself and bring awareness and appreciation to them. Being grateful for what you do have is a great practice to help you live in a positive and appreciative mindset. (food, love ones, peace, nature, a cup of coffee, a shower, your financial state, a friend, communication, entertainment, love).
- Focus – start your day focused on your strengths, your gifts and how you utilize these in your daily life. Focus on the friendships and connections that speak your language and beliefs.
- Build – on what you already have. Most of us have practices that help us feel positive and uplifted. Build off of what you already have in place.
- Enjoy your life – without waiting for what might happen or what should happen. Live in the present, not in the future.
- Change your mindset – the way we think about ourselves and our situation can create abundance or lack thereof. Focusing on what you do have instills a positive and appreciative mindset within us.