Personal Growth Through Changes
Oftentimes when we are looking to move past and find our present and future path, we might expect too much, too quickly. Life is a journey. There is no destination really, only the end.
In order to see yourself more clearly and the areas where you would like to grow, you may need time and space to look within. The littlest thing—a change, an awakening—can make a big difference. The first step is to slow down so that you can see clearly.
Remember, the past will never come again, not in the same way. And the future is not here. Therefore, it is important to train your brain to stay in this moment, the present moment. Sure, you have heard all this before. But the key is, how are you doing with it?
Here are a few simple steps to help you stay focused on what is happening now.
- Make sure you are getting proper sleep. Sleep is a very important part of taking good care of ourselves and feeling energized and focused.
- When you rise, remember to feed your body proper nutrients to help it begin to move with the energy it needs.
- Bring peace and calm to your mind with quiet soft music, meditation or something that soothes you first thing in the morning.
- Journaling is a great way to unload and unpack what you don’t need spiraling in your head. A journal is also a great way to become more aware of your thoughts, as well as let go of those that do not serve you.
- Gratitude is also a great practice to help you see yourself more clearly. Creating a daily habit to think about and write down what you are grateful for helps you to not only let go of negative thoughts but to be in a mindset of appreciation.
- Give yourself time for a digital detox. Plan to carve out time for this detox so that you can focus within, not externally at what everyone else is doing.
- Breathe consciously and deeply. Being mindful of the breath allows us to become more aware and intentional in everyday life.
As you practice the above, remember to be gentle with yourself. That means be loving, kind and compassionate as you work to connect on being the best you that you can be! And remember, personal growth is about self-improvement. It is an ongoing process to push yourself to reach your highest potential.
If you like audio versions of blogs, listen in here: